The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a full-time Journeyman Network and Computer Systems Administrator to work in our Fairfax County, VA offices.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Army ITEMSS contract mission. In this project, we will:
- Maintain current Army force management information technology systems (e.g. RCAS, FMS, and DRRS-A) with goal of sunsetting in the next three years
- Architect the future integrated solution
- Using Agile techniques, build a modernized on-premise Cloud-enabled set of secure containerized solutions meeting mission requirements
- Migrate legacy systems to the new solution
- Transition Army force management workforce to these new applications.
This project is expected to operate at least seven years with a ceiling of $980M.
- Install, configure, and support an organization's local area network (LAN), wide area network (WAN), and Internet systems or a segment of a network system.
- Monitor network to ensure network availability to all system users and may perform necessary maintenance to support network availability.
- May monitor and test Web site performance to ensure Web sites operate correctly and without interruption.
- May assist in network modeling, analysis, planning, and coordination between network and data communications hardware and software.
- May supervise computer user support specialists and computer network support specialists.
- May administer network security measures.
- BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Must possess an active DOD Secret level security clearance.