The Defense Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a full-time GFIM 1.0 Customer Advocacy Lead to work in our Fairfax County, VA offices.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the Army achieve the ITEMSS contract mission. In this project, we will:
- Maintain current Army force management information technology systems (e.g., RCAS, FMS, and DRRS-A) with goal of sunsetting these legacy systems within three (3) years.
- Manage the design, development and delivery of the future solution, using the Army Organization Server (AOS) and AOS Data Interface (AOS DI) as the technical framework for consolidating the entire portfolio of Army Force Management applications into a single application (Global Force Information Management 1.0) for active, National Guard, and Army Reserve across multiple functional domain areas.
- Use agile development techniques for enabling a microservices-based architecture with non-relational databases services (NRDS) to build a modern on-premise virtualized (cloud-enabled) set of secure containerized solutions to meet Army hierarchial data format.
- Migrate legacy applications from their flat data structure into the new required hierarchial data solution.
- Train and transition Army force management workforce to these new applications
- Manage sustainment of the Army National Guard (ARNG) core applications which includes an ARNG Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) and BI tool, along an application that automates processing of DD 200 (Financial Liability Investigation of Property Loss (eFLIPL).
- Manage the ARNG Distributed Learn Program that includes 302 fixed classrooms, 51 mobile classrooms, and 50 mobile light classrooms across 54 states/territories.
- Provide support to the USAR G6 on IT build-out work special projects for new and existing Army Reserve and USACAPOC facilities throughout the U.S.
This project is expected to operate at least seven years with a ceiling of $980M.
Lead the Customer Advocacy and requirements gathering needs from the direct and end-customers of the program, to include PL RCAS/FMS leads at HQDA G-3/5, the National Guard, and Army Reserves. This includes:
- Interacting with key government personnel
- Managing a team of approximately six (6) liaison professionals
- Assure requirements are documented, integrated into the life-cycle systems engineering process, and, upon release, provide awareness updates to the requirements originator
- Provide outreach in public environments, to include multi-media, conferences, etc.
- Keeping Leidos executive management aware of program performance, issues, etc.
- BS degree in a related field and 12 plus overall years of prior relevant experience or Masters and 10 plus years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience managing complex IT projects/operations of a nature similar in size and scope to ITEMSS.
- Experience in interacting with "C-level" personnel to acquire requirements information and providing continuous and quality communications.
- Possess a current Project Management Professional certification or a DoD equivalent certification (i.e., Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) PM Level III).
- Ability to deal with high operational tempo involving quick response and coordination of numerous personnel of diverse functional and technical areas of expertise.
- Must possess an active DOD Secret level security clearance.
- Experience leading user-focused projects to design, development, and delivery software in small functional increments that meet functional customer needs.
- Experience in force management systems as either user or developer.
- Experience in leadership of complex tasks, including review of work products for correctness, compliance with industry best practices, DoD standards, and Army standards.
- Experience working in a DoD acquisition environment.
- Experience providing PowerPoint executive-level briefings.