No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
Job Description: This position is for a BMC Remedy Administrator on the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT applications and infrastructure services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice (DOJ), including the Justice Management Division (JMD). This position provides full-time support to the JMD customer. The program provides a range of IT services, including ITSM support, service desk, software application support, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, Active Directory services, and video conferencing.
This position is to provide Remedy administration for the program, and to help implement and administer the ongoing evolution, customization and refinement of the customer's existing Remedy solution. The selected candidate will work closely with 2 other Remedy team staff members.
This position is based onsite with the customer at the JMD customer location in Washington DC, and requires working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Excellent communication skills are required to interact with the customer and program team.
- Monitor and manage the operating systems supporting the Remedy servers.
- Provide Tier 3 level support for the ITSM Remedy solution; troubleshoot and resolve problems.
- Apply patches and updates to ensure applications are properly secured and up to date; provide recommendations to the customer for version upgrades and major revisions.
- Execute daily battle rhythm activities, monitor and resolve ticket queues, and monitor backup and system logs.
- Manage support user permissions, and functional roles.
- Manage support groups and group membership.
- Create incident, change, and task templates as required.
- Create, change, update requested reports.
- Create and manage user documentation and provide user training as necessary.
- Collaborate with members of project teams to ensure successful, technically sound projects which are completed on time and on budget
Education and Experience:
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, with 2 years of prior relevant experience; or a Master's degree with no experience. Additional years of experience and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Hands-on understanding and skills in administration and support of BMC Remedy ITSM
- Experience producing system level reports, and reporting status to management and customers.
- Experience resolving BMC Remedy problems
- Experience establishing goals and meeting project plan objectives
- Excellent communication skills
- Customer interface experience
- Excellent teamwork skills
- ServiceNow knowledge, training or experience
- Government contracting experience, particularly with the DOJ
- DOJ Public Trust Clearance
This position is contingent on receipt of funding and contractual authorization from the Government customer.
Candidate selected will be subject to a Government Public Trust security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to the customer's information. US Citizenship is required. Current clearance is not required, but selected individual cannot start the assignment until the required security clearance is granted by the customer.