Leidos is looking for a Chemist/Chemical Engineer at its Picatinny Arsenal, NJ site.
- The candidate will be responsible for the development of novel synthetic strategies for energetic compounds of interest to the US Army.
- Responsible for developing scalable processes accounting for reaction kinetics, thermal management, materials handling and purification.
- Expected to lead and participate in multi-disciplinary teams to develop technical solutions.
- In addition to developing reaction strategies, the employee will be expected to identify, implement and develop processes including extraction, distillation and crystallization.
- Responsible for independently applying analysis techniques and methods.
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers.
- Min of a Bachelor's degree required, MS preferred.
- Hazardous chemical handling and chemical lab experience required.
- US citizenship required.
- Experience with process analytical technology including IR, Raman, GC, and HPLC desired but not required.
- Experience with statistical design of experiments (DOE) methodology highly desirable.
- Must have the ability to adapt and direct research programs for rapid results.
- Must be able to work in a team-based environment.
- Must have the ability and desire to initiate and execute new projects.