The Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Sr. Systems Administrator located at our CONUS site, Ft. Hood, TX.
As the Senior Systems Administrator you are responsible for providing direct technical support to all ISR (Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance) assets/platforms for the SS-AISR program. You will serve as a technical expert in the area of system administration for complex operating systems. You will recommend the redesign and configuration of operating systems and system applications, and investigate and analyze feasibility of system requirements, additionally, you will develop system specifications.
• Manage virtual servers in a VMWare environment.
• Provide server administration in a Win 2008 and 2012 domain to include AD, DNS and DHCP.
• GPO management and troubleshooting.
• Managing/creating scripts in a RHEL environment.
• Maintaining Cisco network equipment.
• Establishes, maintains and manages user accounts in a Win domain and REHEL environment.
• Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of host operating systems and host-based applications.
• Quarterly patch install.
• Troubleshoot issues on Aircraft and ground systems.
• Conduct data processing of mission data for required platforms.
• Provide technical support to CONUS and OCONUS PED infrastructure.
• Technical documentation of procedures, and other duties.
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
This position requires candidates to adhere to DoD 8570.01-M Certifications. You must have, and maintain, one of the following baseline certifications, and, one computing environment (CE) certification.
-Acceptable IAT Level II Baseline Certifications: Security+ CE, CASP, CeH, CCNA Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GISCP, GSEC, GCED, GCIH, or, SSCP
-Acceptable CE Certifications: Linux+, RHCSA, RHCSE, MCSA (2008/2012/2016), MCITP 2008, MCSE: Server Infrastructure, MCSE: Private Cloud, MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure, CCNA, CCNP, CCIE
-Requires Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience (additional years of relevant experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree) or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
-Must be proficient in Windows management of Active Directory objects and permissions.
-Expertise in managing and troubleshooting virtual servers in a VMWare environment.
-Strong system troubleshooting and the ability to apply root cause analysis to determine hardware, software, network or configuration issues to identify the appropriate remediation.
- Ability to: Plan, organize and document complex system design activities and to configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies/procedures; communicate technical/complex information both verbally and in writing; perform multiple tasks concurrently.
-Firm understanding of RAID technologies and efficient storage of large datasets.
-A current DoD Top Secret/SCI level of clearance required to start, and the ability to maintain this level of clearance.
-Experience with Linux, Windows Systems and ESX virtual environments
-Experience with Networks and Cisco equipment.