Leidos is currently seeking a Software Engineer who will be responsible for supporting software development activities for autonomous underwater vehicles (AUV) and maritime systems for government.
Primary Responsibilities: The successful candidate will support the complete software development lifecycle, including: requirements analysis, design, development, testing and support of software applications running primarily on Linux based environments. The Software Engineer candidate will work on multiple types of projects concurrently, including internal research and development projects with varying scope and complexity. Responsibilities for this position also include interfacing with internal and external customers for requirements definition and interface control documents (ICD's). The successful candidate must be self-motivated and capable of working independently with minimal oversight.
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in software engineering, Computer Science, or related field and a minimum of 4 years of software related engineering experience. (Additional experience, education or training may be considered.)
- Experience with the design, implementation and debugging of applications primarily in C/C++ and other object oriented languages such as Java.
- Design and development of user interfaces using Eclipse, Qt Creator and other IDE's on a Linux operating system.
- Working knowledge of multiple operating systems (Ubuntu, Red Hat, etc.).
- Experience with various design patterns such as MVC, SOA, publish-subscribe and state machines using open standards, services and interfaces.
- Experience developing device drivers that implement serial and TCP/IP interfaces for controllers, actuators and sensors.
- Experience with version control system such as Git and/or SVN.
- Proficiency with MS Office Products (Word, Excel, Visio, & PowerPoint).
- Must have the ability of obtaining and maintaining a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- Experience developing applications for autonomous systems
- Proficient with UML modeling for software designs using commercial tools such as Enterprise Architect
- Previous experience working in development team that used an Agile methodology
- Experience in developing JAUS and/or ROS componentsKnowledge of UNIX based shell scripting (BASH)