The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Sr Java Developer in Baltimore, MD.
Senior JAVA Developer will demonstrate extensive knowledge and experience in designing, developing, maintaining, and supporting complex enterprise level applications and other system software using a strong working knowledge of Java and Modern Development Environment (MDE) technologies. Development of applications, relational database concepts, and superior oral and written communications skills to effectively convey progress, issues, reports, and other customer deliverables with clarity and value is expected.
- Contribute to the analysis and determination of advanced technological ideas and the development into a final product.
- Provide innovative solutions to unusually complex technical problems.
- Develop general and detailed documentation describing system specifications and operating instructions; and revise existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective development processes, data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- Work productively as the sole developer on a project, and also be able to integrate with project teams.
- Generate technical documentation, user documentation, white papers, and customer presentations as required.
- Apply advanced technical principles, techniques, theories and concepts.
- Support Leidos management and customers answering questions on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Execute practical application of Agile framework components (user stories, scrum, sprints, etc.)
Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent and 8 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience developing in the MDE with technologies such as Spring Boot, Spring Framework, Git, BitBucket, Maven, RESTFul Web Services.
- Experience with J2EE Framework/ORM such as Struts and Hibernate.
- Experience with J2EE technologies such as Core Java, JSP, EJB, JDBC, JMS, ASD, WebSphere, RAD, and Servlets.
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases, including Oracle and DB2.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to write technical documentation, user documentation, white papers, and customer presentations as required.
- Proficiency in working in an Agile framework environment.
- Experience in Angular.
- Experience accessing Greenplum databases.
- AWS Cloud experience
- Web app frameworks: Struts 2, Spring MVC
- Proven delivery of innovative solutions
- Experience working on federal government contracts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Requires US Citizen or US Person with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.