No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs. The Material Control and Accountability Analyst will work with a contractor and federal team to provide a high level accountability for nuclear materials in war reserve components. The job scope encompasses daily interaction with the Weapons Information Systems database, assessment and improvement of policies, procedures, and the system, and joint reconciliation of the database. This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices on the Kirtland AFB in Albuquerque, NM.
Working within a team of analysts, the primary responsibilities of this position include:
• Nuclear material data activity review, reconciliation, and correction.
• Analytical research to reconcile the monthly financial and nuclear material inventory balances.
• Trouble shooting, documenting, and resolving system issues.
• Assessing and correcting processes and procedures.
• Establishing system requirements for new accounting system.
• Assisting the team with achieving monthly reconciliation on time and completely.
• Active DoD TS or DOE Q Clearance
• Bachelors' Degree
• 12 or more years of accounting and business experience.
• At least 5 years of experience managing large data base operations.
• Analytical initiative - Analyzing data entries, forming and posing questions to and getting responses from contributors outside of the team.
• Team player and excellent phone manner.
• Nuclear Material Control and Accounting experience.
• Exposure to the NNSA Weapons Information System.
• Weapon materials background.