Leidos' Defense Group has an immediate opening for a talented Red Hat Administrator/Engineer to be a key member of a team supporting DoD ABIS. This is an information technology system that supports identity superiority by providing the critical capability for warfighters to identify known or suspected terrorists and third country nationals in the course of military operations. DoD ABIS is the authoritative biometrics enterprise system that provides matching, sharing and storing of biometrics data. The capability can receive multi-modal biometrics submissions to include iris, face, palm and finger prints from biometrics collection devices, which will support the warfighter in making, retain, capture, or release decisions. By providing access and responding to requests the system has a direct impact on the availability of critical intelligence information that is of vital interest to DoD and other government agencies.
The roll will include providing technical expertise, support, guidance, and recommendations to design, deploy and support solutions for the Linux environment. This engineer should be well versed in network configuration, troubleshooting, and patching, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), and server configuration.
- Linux administration, systems documentation, systems performance monitoring, systems availability monitoring, system troubleshooting, and patching.
- Perform system vulnerability management and remediation of systems.
- Perform DISA STIGS on applicable systems.
- Interface and coordinate with other teams and external users/organizations.
- Satellite system management automation to deploy, scale and manage Red Hat infrastructure across physical and virtual environments
- Demonstrated experience with server configuration management (infrastructure automation) tools (i.e. - Ansible, Puppet)
- Experience supporting enterprise server hardware (Dell or HP)
- Design and implement solutions for integration within client environments for various Red Hat products such as IdM (Identity Management), Satellite, RHV (Red Hat Virtualization), RHDS (Red Hat Directory Server), Ceph, etc.
- Experience with AWS cloud services and automation
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Active DoD Secret or Top Secret Security Clearance
- Must possess demonstrable expertise in the Linux operating system (the majority of our products run on Enterprise Linux, either RHEL or CentOS) or Network engineering
- Red Hat Certified Administrator
- Red Hat Certified Engineer
- Expertise in AWS Cloud Environments