This is where your legacy begins! The Leidos Technology Center (LTC) currently has an opening for a Mechanical Engineer to work in our San Diego, California office. This is a highly dynamic and integrative environment in which talented and creative engineers can thrive working on a diverse array of multidisciplinary projects in its ISR/CBRN Division. We are seeking a broadly trained and highly motivated engineer for advanced technology programs focused on mechanical engineering from research and development to productization.
Fun stuff you will do with us:
- Support applied research and engineering development of solutions and products in the fields of chemical, biological, radiation, and nuclear detection instrumentation.
- Provides mechanical engineering leadership on new R&D designs as well as support sustaining production products.
- Work closely with the science and manufacturing departments to facilitate transition of technology from the research stage to full production.
Skills you need to be successful in this role:
- B.S. degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering or related field from an accredited college/university with at least 5 years of experience as a mechanical engineer in an R&D environment
- Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance
- Experience in electronics packaging, vibration analysis, thermal simulation and cooling, and radiation shielding
- Experience using Solidworks CAD tools
- Experience working with cross functional R&D development teams
- Motivated self-starter able to work under minimal supervision
- 5-15% travel to customer sites required
- Strong written and oral communication skills
You will wow us if you have these skills:
- Demonstrated leadership of small technical teams and projects
- Experience with rapid prototyping techniques including 3d printing
- Experience with optics
- Experience with documentation packages for military products
- Current Secret Security Clearance or above
External Referral Program