The NISC III program within the Civil group at Leidos has a Financial Analyst opening in support of the FAA Customer.
NISC III is a $150+M per year Cost plus Award Fee Program.
In this role you will be responsible for journal entries and revenue accruals, travel substantiation, auditing, analytics, reporting, purchases, monthly forecasting, and reconciliation.
You will also assist the team with the preparation of a detailed monthly invoice and other FP&A duties, as well as support requests from the FAA customer.
Responsibilities for the role include:
• Create and support monthly Estimate to Completion (EAC) process.
• Maintain the program financial dashboard
• Provide thoughtful invoice substantiation and back-up support to delineate charges
• Provide financial and program support to the task order managers in regions and headquarters
• Assist with employee training registrations, ordering of office supplies, FAA surveys, and equipment needed to support the FAA customer
• Assist with the weekly journal entry creation and substation
• Provide travel support, including effective auditing and invoice cost substantiation
• Develop recommendations to improve invoice accuracy and cost substantiation
• Assist the program with the preparation of the monthly invoice
• Assist the FP&A lead with the development of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), Contract Status Reviews, customer deliverables, and Quarterly Forecasts.
• Support ad-hoc cost reporting and performance analysis
Typical education and experience:
• Typically requires a BA degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Information Management Systems or related degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
• If no degree, additional related work experience can be used to off-set the lack of degree.
• Ability to assist with functions such as financial administration, financial analysis, cost accounting, and general accounting. Must be able to extract data from multiple sources and effectively summarize the current financial position of the program.
• Ability to commit to customer service, be well organized, be able to plan and prioritize assignments, and be able to successfully handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing, be courteous and professional.
• Ability to propose and implement project/program improvements
• Strong background in the entire Microsoft Office Suite with emphasis on Excel, particularly in the development of formulas, v-look ups and macros.
• Demonstrated advanced analytical skills in order to successfully perform in our fast-moving environment that require quick and accurate responses.
• Knowledge or experience in business related subject areas such as accounting, finance and/or economics.
Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
• Experience in customer communication and financial presentations.