The Financial Analyst position is in direct support of a large and complex organization's procurement department. The position requires deep level of financial and accounting experience.
The successful candidate will analyze, review and make payment on complex invoices using current payment and procurement processes. This will involve communications among various groups to ensure payments are made correctly and efficiently. The successful candidate will analyze, monitor numerous accounts on a monthly basis and reconcile those accounts with the General ledger and to prepare the accounts for yearly audits. Duties will include assisting in the management and maintenance of new payment/procurement processes to include accrual of expenses and the allocation and execution of funding. Successful candidate will facilitate communications between Finance, Budget, Contract and Procurement teams in regards to availability of funding for existing contracts, the creation of new contracts, and the recommendation of new concepts that would allow the teams to efficiently meet customer requirements. Duties also include ensuring integrity of financial records through accurate input into finance tools as well as the conduct of periodic audits. Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related discipline.
- At least 12+ years of successful relevant experience and in positions of increasing complexity and responsibility.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to balance competing priorities to meet firm deadlines
- Demonstrable ability to research and resolve complex issues pertaining to General Ledgers
- Ability to create and execute processes that implement financial policies and guidelines for bank account management
- Ability to learn financial compliance auditing and prepare and assist audits of accounts
- The ability to problem solve, multi task and work in a fast paced environment where processes constantly evolve and there is always a need for new recommendations and intuitive thought processes.
- Familiarity with products and services procured for technical programs