The System Administrator (SA) is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related ITEMS UFS infrastructure. This individual ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to organizational values, enabling mission success. We seek to build a team of system administrators who can perform multiple functions. We understand that people have specialties, but seek people open to cross training and willing to apply their skills in multiple areas.
The Service Manager will also work as part of an elite and agile team responsible for the end-to-end Change, Release and Configuration Management services for all Enterprise and mission critical production capabilities across the entire enterprise to include workstations across multiple classification enclaves, isolated mission partner networks and stand-alone systems. The Service Manager provides a proactive role for the Application Lifecycle Model (ALM) from the discovery through retirement phases by providing a one stop shop for all software related requests to include source gathering and the coordination of the development and testing of any new software applications and settings. Service Managers are responsible for the interaction with the customer and should possess a fundamental knowledge of Geospatial Exploitation, Enterprise applications, and a comprehensive understanding of the DoD/IC agencies mission.
Qualified individuals will have experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Desktop Image Management
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) Support Services
- Home Directory and Profile Support Services
- Print, Fax and Scan Support Services
- Unified Communications Support Services
- E-mail Support Services
- Desktop Software Support Services
- Desktop Entity Support Services
- Domain Services
- Directory, Authentication and Account Mgmt- O&S - Expanded 12x5
- Domain Name Services
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Patch Management (Windows)
Operations and Support
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier II & III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Apply OS patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary.
- Upgrade and configure system software that supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications per project or operational needs.
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required. Configure CPU, memory, and disk partitions as required.
- Create and maintain documentation to help train employees resolve day to day issues and knowledge transfer.
- Identify and execute process improvements and other enhancements that improve operational efficiency.
- Education/Min Years Experience: BS degree and 2 - 4 years of prior relevant experience
- Security + CE required
- Meet the qualifications of one of the customer specified levels (0-4)
Skills & Tasks: Exceptionally Complex - researches and evaluates new concepts and processes to improve performance. Analyzes cross-functional problem sets, identifies root causes and resolves issues. Assists more junior level technicians, specialists, and managers in their activities. Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians, specialists, and/or managers.
Guidance: Directs multiple teams through to project completion. Provides guidance and direction to lower level technicians, specialists, and managers.