Leidos is seeking an on-site transportation Sr. Systems Architect to support the Denver Connected Vehicle (CV) program. This Sr. Systems Architect position serves as the lead technical leadership position for the program, complementing the program manager. In addition to high-level technical leadership over the program, the Sr. Systems Architect is expected to guide the work of multiple teams under them in coordination with the program manager.
Location: Denver, CO
The Sr. Systems Architect duties include, but not limited to:
• Own the architecture and design, from the field layer all the way to the cloud infrastructure, inclusive of any middleware, data brokers, back-office systems, on-premise hardware, Denver's outdoor fiber network, Denver's Traffic Management Center, Denver's enterprise network, and the Enterprise Data Management (EDM) cloud platform.
• Be knowledgeable of connected vehicle technology, specifically including standards related to dedicated short-range communications (DSRC), J2735 message sets, and related standards and protocols.
• Be knowledgeable of transportation technologies and standards, including NTCIP protocols for traffic signal controllers.
• Have a background in networking and security, including knowledge of legacy and modern network architectures.
• Lead in the prototyping of systems solutions, establish minimal viable products, prove out proofs of concept, and document the process and lessons learned.
• Evaluate vendors for fit and performance against Denver standards, including:◦Support for open architectures
◦Interoperability across devices and layers of the technology stack
◦Support for open source components, libraries, and source code
• Develop mechanisms to scale prototypes or solutions to scale, and in the process:◦Contributing back to open source community
◦Collaborating with broader deployer ecosystem
• Deliver all artifacts of design and diagram work, produce technical documentation for a broad audience.
• Establish best practices for Denver, including from the perspectives of:◦Design
◦Rollout at scale
• Interface with other Denver agencies and teams, including:◦Field technicians in the tech shop and construction teams
◦Network and security leadership in technology services
• Serve as the primary problem solver for technical issues between stakeholders.
• Established continuous integration, continuous delivery, DevOps cadence, and orchestrated enrollment for digital ecosystems.
• Possesses as strong background in cloud platforms.
• Possesses a background in transportation systems.
• Manage and oversee multiple technical teams and direct reports, including contracted teams.
Required Education & Experience:
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or other related field
• Minimum 10+ years' experience in IT
• Fluent in the following programming languages:
• Proficient and hands-on experience in architecting and developing systems leveraging framework and concepts such as Serverless, Micro services, Big Data solutions and analytics, Machine Learning algorithms, IoT/M2M.
• Architect and developed solutions for Smart cities - Connected Vehicle Ecosystem, Connected Traffic Management Center, Transportation use case such as Travel Time Reliability, stop bar violations, Environmental use cases such as air quality and optimizing productivity across teams.
• Prior experience with Denver's connected vehicle (CV) program preferred
• Designed and developed solutions for public safety leveraging First responders dedicated spectrum (FirstNet)
• Designed and developed solution to correlate various silo data sources to provide an actionable intelligence for the First Responder and PSAP community.
• Well versed in all phases involved in development SDLC, converting business requirements into technical specifications.
• Extensive experiences with Full stack Java/J2EE architecture and development.
• Extensive technical implementation knowledge on Docker, Kubernetes, Continuous Integration and deployment, DevOps and Security.
• Actively involved in all phases of requirements gathering, design, development, execution implementation, coding, debugging, documentation, Integration, testing, release and training activities.
• Must have a combination of experience with topics such as: Cloud, Big Data technologies, Web technologies, Data Science and Machine Learning
• Must have at least one or a combination of the following Certifications:
◦AWS: Architect, Developer, and Administrator
◦MIT Digital Programs: Cybersecurity
◦SUN: Web Component Developer for J2EE Platform 5.0.
◦SUN: Programmer for the JAVA 2 Platform 5.0.
◦OMG-UML: UML Fundamental Certified Professional.