Leidos Defense Group has an opportunity for a Systems Integration Engineer located in our in Fort Meade, MD office. This is a dynamic role where you will be responsible for supporting systems engineering, integration, test, and deployment activities for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) on the Cross Domain Enterprise Solutions (CDES) team. Additionally, you will provide technical analysis for a wide variety of systems engineering and integration activities, execute moderate complexity studies to evaluate products for compliance with requirements and applicable standards, define preliminary processes to solve complex engineering issues, and work heavily in a team environment.
Please Note: You must hold at least an active Secret Clearance and maintain at least a Security+CE certification to work on this program!
In this role, you will:
- Coordinate and ensure security compliance of the integration and test infrastructure using DoD security analysis techniques including the Information Assurance Vulnerability Management process and applying appropriate Security Technical Implementation Guides for relevant components.
- Conduct performance analysis and technology maturity assessments of emerging technologies through application review and load testing.
- Understand and provide insight on system and application performance through the analysis of recorded system utilization and network traffic during test events.
- Perform systems integration, test, and deployment of cross domain solutions and related technologies on Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and VMware ESX Platforms.
- Deploy hardware, install base operating systems, install software applications, and provide network configuration for a variety of hardware categories (workstations, servers, network switches, storage arrays, and network load balancing devices).
- Troubleshoot the operation of these components and resolve existing or potential issues to ensure optimum operation of the environment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline and4-8 years related experience in systems administration/engineering/integration or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Current DoD 8570 IAT Level II or higher certification required; Security+, CISSP, or CEH are the preferred certifications.
- You must hold an active Secret clearance and be eligible to obtain a Top Secret.
- Hands on network integration and installation experience.
- Experience with RedHat / Linux / VMware (install, configure, maintain and administer)
- Experience installing and configuring Windows Server and Windows 7.
- Works effectively both as a team member and independently.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate by phone, email, and in person with all levels.
- Experience with creating technical documentation.
- Proven technical troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products.
- Ability/desire to work in a highly dynamic and challenging environment.
The following is preferred but not required:
- Advanced Linux experience including 4+ years maintaining, troubleshooting and performing performance analysis and tuning.
- Experience with Network Devices such as Load Balancers, Routers and switches.
- Experience with MySQL Database and Microsoft Active Directory a plus.
External Referral Eligible