Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people and our community. Our mission and our values guide the way we do business. The foundation of our Leidos culture is our Values, Beliefs and Expectations by which we select, recognise and reward employees. They create the environment that drives us toward our mission.
Inspired to make a difference, we are committed to solving the world's toughest problems.
Passionate about customer success by being determined to understand and respond to our customers' needs as if they were our own.
United as a team, we are bound together by our conviction that ethics and integrity is core to how we operate.
We currently have a permanent vacancy for a Systems Engineer with experience of designing and configuring service desk HMIs at our Whiteley Office. Applicants must have, or be eligible to acquire, SC clearance.
The successful candidate will be required to support the execution of Systems Engineering activities on a large-scale system of systems integration project with particular focus on ensuring that all service desk roles have the correct information required to support the operational service. This is an opportunity to work on an exciting programme delivering critical and infrastructure key to the future of UK Air Traffic Management.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY
The successful candidate will have a full understanding of the principles of system engineering, be able to demonstrate past successes in leading diverse engineering teams and will have prior experience as a Systems Engineer for a major programme involving accepting and integrating deliveries from suppliers. Using their experience in Systems Engineering, the successful candidate will be responsible for working with customers and suppliers to execute Systems Engineering activities across the full lifecycle
Though extensive experience with Air Traffic Management (ATM) is not required as on-the-job training will be provided, the successful candidate will need to have broad systems engineering experience, preferably in the design and configuration of Service Now based service desks and actual experience of service desk support.
Duties will include:
• Configuration of all screens for ease of use - Which dashboards (Service Now and Business) are needed and how are they displayed for easiest use (Window size and position on screen)
• Definition, design and configuration of Service Now Dashboards relating to the Operational ATM Systems (Number, Type, Configuration) for all Roles
• Elicitation of Corporate IT requirements for Service Management Workstations including subsequent design and access approach
• Definition, design and configuration of Service Now Dashboards relating to the Business/Corporate Systems and workflow design of how users will work with both Operational and Corporate IT as segregated systems
• Liaison, agreement of designs and training approach with stakeholders at operational and business sites, along with briefings to senior stakeholders
• Experience of working within a Service Desk
• Experience of Service Desk Dashboard design
• Experience of configuring Service Now
• ITIL including Service Management Roles & Processes (To understand how the information will be used and how important it is)
• Ability to work with a number of stakeholders and suppliers, working across organisational boundaries and acting as the technical interface between teams as appropriate
• Demonstrable commitment to sharing ideas, technologies and best practices
• Ability to use understanding of customer needs and expectations to generate mutually beneficial solutions or alternatives
• Willingness to offer fresh, innovative ideas and/or unconventional approaches
• Ability to deliver clear messages through dialogue, written work and formal presentation
• Success in working within large-scale and complex integration programmes
• Experience Success with designing / delivering systems in a Virtualised Environment
• Experience of working with Service Oriented Architecture
• Demonstrable successes within the System Engineering or System Architecture environment
• Experience of configuration management systems
• Knowledge of Air Traffic Management or other safety related systems