The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Senior Software Developer in Baltimore, MD.
- Troubleshoot, analyze, develop, and test code, as requested.
- Develop general and detailed documentation describing system specifications and operating instructions; and revise existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective development processes, data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- Work productively as the sole developer on a project, and also be able to integrate with project teams.
- Generate technical documentation, user documentation, white papers, and customer presentations as required.
- Support Leidos management and customers answering questions on advanced technical research studies and applications.
- Support modernization efforts of legacy mainframe code and systems, maintain and repair existing code, and propose new design for reengineering of legacy system written in COBOL with native IDMS database.
- Possibly write some conversion code from Assembler to COBOL.
- Must be able to work without technical oversight
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 8 years of related experience.
- Advanced experience with COBOL, COBOL Batch, CICS, DB2, JCL, Endevor.
Experience/knowledge of relational databases, DB2 and Oracle
- Experience with complex programming, program debugging, data analysis, problem analysis and resolution issues within Mainframe application systems.
Active interest/participation in modern development tools (i.e. WebFOCUS 8, Java, Tableau)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, able to write technical documentation, user documentation, white papers, and customer presentations as required.
- Proficiency in working in an Agile framework environment.
- Experience in gathering requirements/business process information.
- Familiarity with IDMS, VSAM, REXX.
- Ability to read and understand assembler code.
- AWS Cloud experience
- Knowledge of FOCUS, WebFOCUS 7, and/or WebFOCUS 8.
- Proven delivery of innovative solutions
- Experience working on federal government contracts.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
US Citizen or US Person with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.