The Logistics Specialist will support C4ISR prototyping efforts to prepare universal installation kits for tactical vehicles. The candidate will be responsible for completing tasks related to kitting and reporting project status to the program manager.
• Lead day-to-day efforts to integrate tactical vehicle installation kits
• Support the development of logistics processes for project (i.e., tracking of inventory and kit status)
• Keep Program Manager informed of status of material purchases and completed kits.
• Identify and elevate issues that may affect project schedule.
• Provide on-going monitoring of material distribution and stock levels to ensure the safe and efficient flow of materials from suppliers to customer.
• Oversee confirmation of incoming materials for inventory; working with quality control, purchasing and planning to ensure components flow and visibility to all involved.
• Prepare all components for kitting, to include bagging hardware, wrapping fabricated parts, and labeling
• Assist with operations of a supply room to include stocking shelves, inventorying, shopping for resupply items, and issuing consumable supplies to customers.
• Operate a forklift and pallet lift.
• Support property inventory and management functions, must be able to operate computer equipment and customized software for equipment tracking.
• Understand Production build schedules, and perform Kitting and Material Variance analysis.
• Prepare and Analyze Inventory, material usage, cycle count accuracy, and other Reports.
• Receive material against purchase orders.
• Prepare and ship completed kits.
• Demonstrate willingness to complete miscellaneous tasks as assigned in order to support the overall organization.
BASIC REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: ( list the "must have" requirements to be considered for hire )
• Active Secret security clearance and US Citizenship required
• Two-year degree in Engineering Technology, Business, Accounting or related scientific/technical discipline and 3-5 years' experience. An additional 4 years of direct relevant technical experience may be substituted for education.
• Demonstrated ability to create, execute and monitor through completion shipping documents such as Commercial Bills of lading (CBL) and Government Bills of Lading (GBL).
• Must have ability to reconcile inventory data for tracking, monitoring and shipping.
• Must be able to operate material handling equipment such as forklift and pallet jack.
• Must have knowledge and experience in commercial and DOD packaging requirements.
• Knowledge of Army supply/property management policies and procedures is desired.