The Defense Group at Leidos is currently seeking a Systems Administrator to serve as part of the Joint Staff Server Support team in Norfolk, VA.
The candidate will be a member of the Systems Admin VDI team responsible for optimizing system operations and resource utilization, and performs system capacity analysis and planning. Update firmware and required device profiles installed / deployed to Zero Client devices. He/she will be supporting equipment and applications in a Microsoft Windows environment, from testing through implementation. He/she will perform a wide variety of installation, configuration, testing and upgrading of virtual machines, servers and related hardware and software in a production environment. Provides investigation, diagnostic testing and repair/resolution of system, hardware, and software.
- Maintain fully patched/updated/mitigated Operating System image for testing and production, and assists customers with operations of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) systems.
- Maintains the virtual client pools for maximum efficiency and monitors the virtual network to ensure system availability.
- Compiles the VDI operating image for deployment to the user production environment.
- Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
- Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- This position requires the understanding of processes to maintain high security profiles on servers via installation of operating system patches and DOD security vulnerability patches.
- Implement and maintain DISA STIG requirements.
- Creates and maintains updated and accurate Work Instruction and/or Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- The work location is within the Joint Service Provider Hampton Roads (JSP/JPH), NSA Norfolk, VA campus.
- BS degree or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience. Or equivalent experience/combined education, with additional specialized technical training equivalent to a technical Associate degree and/or demonstrated ability to perform assigned technical tasks and 5 Years or more of experience.
- Working knowledge and experience with VMWare VCenter and VMWare Horizon View
- Solid but innovative thinking
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Shift Schedule will be daily Monday -thru- Friday
- Requires occasional rotating On-Call duty
- Active Secret clearance
- DOD 8570.01m compliant:
- Current Security+CE certification required
- Current Microsoft Windows 10 Operating system -or- VMWare VCA or VCP (preferred) certification required.