Leidos Defense group is looking for a Network Specialist to work in the Norfolk, VA office. The candidate will be a member of the Hampton Roads VDI Operations team responsible for deploying and managing the virtual desktop infrastructure computing environment.
Maintains smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Maintain fully patched/updated/mitigated Operating System image for testing and production, and assists customers with operations of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) systems.
- Maintains the virtual client pools for maximum efficiency and monitors the virtual network to ensure system availability. Compiles the VDI operating image for deployment to the user production environment.
- Update firmware and required device profiles installed / deployed to Zero Client devices.
- Assists other System Administrators with patching/updating Operating System image for testing and production, and provides assistance to customers with operations of Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) systems.
- Monitors the virtual client pools, and virtual machines for maximum efficiency.
- Maintain high security profiles on servers via installation of operating system patches and DOD security vulnerability patches.
- Implement and maintain DISA STIG requirements.
- Creates and maintains updated and accurate Work Instruction and/or Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- The work location is within the JSP/JPH, NSA, Norfolk, VA
- Candidates should have a BS degree and 2 yrs exp -or equivalent years of technical experience... (8 years of hands on technical experience). Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, certification.
- Basic knowledge and experience with VMWare VCenter and VMWare Horizon View
- Solid but innovative thinking
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Shift Schedule will be daily Monday -thru- Friday
- Requires occasional rotating On-Call duty
- DOD 8570.01m compliant:
- Current Security+CE certification required
- Current Microsoft Windows 10 Operating system -or- VMWare VCA or VCP (preferred) certification required.
- ACTIVE FINAL SECRET CLEARANCE
- Experience using Power Shell scripts
- Solid Understanding of Storage SAN