Leidos is seeking qualified candidates for the role of Technical Directive Order (TDO) Manager in support of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) - Information Technology (IT) program.
The Army Corps of Engineers - Information Technology (ACE-IT) provides secure enterprise-wide IT and information management support services to more than 37,000 USACE end users located throughout the Continental U.S. (CONUS) and outside the Continental U.S. (OCONUS). ACE-IT is the enterprise IT service delivery team for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, supporting mission requirements using a site-specific support model aligned along the USACE Regional Business Centers.
The TDO Manager, located in Huntsville, AL, must have extensive knowledge and experience of proposal negotiations, proposal writing concepts and proposal management processes as well as hands-on experience leading and writing successful proposals. This position involves hands-on effort often with little assistance from below, or direction from above, to accomplish submitting a compliant and successful proposal. Developing proposals, proposal standards and repeatable proposal processes to include maintaining historical files, conducting lessons learned events, and documenting and implementing actions for process improvement as well as tracking submittals/awards. Coordinate interdepartmental and external resources to complete proposals in accordance with customer requirements. Lead the proposal data call process, serving as the interface with subcontractors and teammates for timely, quality proposal input .
- Delivery of compliant, professionally produced proposals within customer defined timeframes.
- Coordinate and review / edit proposal input from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from technical teams.
- Manage TDO execution issues to ensure that Leidos subcontracting and Leidos program leadership are aware of any risks and challenges.
- Oversee and direct all technical, and compliance efforts on assigned TDO proposals.
- Write subcontractor Scopes of Work (SOW) and coordinate with Subcontracts Department on TDO solicitations.
- Construct and present proposal technical documents and Basis of Estimates (BOE) for multiple types of TDO projects.
- Conduct contract negotiations with Government customer and subcontractors.
- Host Kick-off and Technical Assessment meetings.
- Instruct personnel assigned to the proposal team to ensure that all management, technical, contractual and costing inputs meet both customer and management requirements.
- Establish requirements and formats for proposal inputs, outputs and reviews.
- Identify resources required for proposal preparation and reviews.
- Present monthly Proposal Status Updates to high-level Government and contractor management.
- Analyze scope and objectives of Technical Directive Orders (TDOs) RFPs.
- Bachelors' Degree with 6 years' of applicable experience or 4 additional years' of experience in lieu of degree.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Proposal writing
- Government contracting experience
- Strong time management / prioritization skills
- Strong written English language skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Contracts and Negotiations skills
- Project Management experience
- Business development experience
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification