Leidos is a FORTUNE 500® science and technology solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 32,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers, headquartered in Reston, Virginia. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
The Defense Group at Leidos currently has a job opportunity for a Senior Engineer supporting the ARL-E program in Manassas, VA. ARL-E is a multi-year Program of Record supporting the U.S. Army with upgrading and enhancing the ISR capabilities of their airborne reconnaissance fleet. The candidate will support and guide the development, integration, fielding and sustainment of a cutting edge system to conduct airborne operations using ISR sensors and processing.
The Senior Engineer will be part of a team responsible for the design, development, integration, and fielding of the multiple hardware and software components and subsystems of the ARL-E Airborne ISR system. The Engineer will participate in the full lifecycle of the program assisting the Chief Engineer, IPT Leads, and Program Management team on the program to ensure the on-time delivery of engineering efforts that meet program performance requirements. 25% travel will be required as well as active DoD Top Secret clearance, with ability to obtain TS SCI.
Roles an Responsibilities:
- Support and lead the design, development, integration, and documentation of multiple system level components into the ARL-E integrated system.
- Support system level analysis and generation of reports and presentations of the ARL-E integrated system.
- Work with engineering teams to perform root cause analysis (RCA)
- Develop, implement, and monitor processes on ARL-E program to collect performance and analyze metrics
- Interface with Government customers, support contractors, and team mates
- Author Statements of Work and manage Sub-Contractors as required.
- Provide leadership to a multi-contractor team consisting of aircraft integration, flight operations, testing and analysis functions to ensure all requirements are met on schedule and on budget.
- BS degree in Systems Engineering, or other engineering field and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 - 10 years. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in ISR systems and platform integration
- Knowledge and experience with lifecycle development of large system integration programs.
- Prior leadership experience
- Familiarity with configuration management of hardware, software, and Cybersecurity/Information Assurance components for DoD Program of Record
- Demonstrated ability to lead a diverse group of stakeholders
- Familiarity with Department of Defense (DOD) acquisition processes for systems, software, and hardware under the DOD Architecture Foundation (DODAF)
- Experience with Earned Value Management and Project Management skills is preferred but not required
SECURITY CLEARANCE: active DoD Top Secret-level clearance and the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- Leadership positions on previous hardware, or integration, programs is preferred