The Health Solutions Business Unit is seeking a full-time Software Engineer to work at the Defense Health Agency/Department of Defense (DoD) HIV/AIDS Prevention Program (DHAPP) in San Diego, CA.
This individual will help design, develop and maintain DHAPP's database software applications, one that helps the Operations team track and maintain financial data and another that helps the Strategic Information team collect health services data from around the world. The work includes but is not limited to interviewing users to obtain requirements, evaluating, advising, planning, creating, monitoring and maintaining the applications through their life cycles.
1. Education: Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical field from an accredited college or university.
3. Strong experience with relational databases, especially SQL Server, API design and development. Solid knowledge about stored procedures, views, joins, inserts, updates and delete processes in SQL. Demonstrated successful track record in developing software is required.
3. English Proficiency: Written and oral proficiency in English is required. Outstanding written and oral communication skills are required, and a background that includes working on in an Agile team environment. The incumbent must be able to communicate effectively and accurately with all team members, USG, NGO, government officials and remote team members. The individual is required to be capable of preparing documentation and progress reports. Correspondences and documents are to be prepared in a professional and competent manner.
4. Prior work with a USG Agency or the military is preferred.
5. Travel: This position involves minimal travel, but the incumbent may be requested to travel domestically and/or internationally.
6. Citizenship: Due to Federal contract regulations, US citizenship (no dual US citizenship) and the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance is required.
The Software Engineer will work under the direction of DHAPP leadership, Leidos management and a Senior Software Engineer.