Leidos is seeking an experienced and motivated Senior Systems Engineer (SE) to develop and deploy wireless systems focusing on RF systems using Software Defined Radios, Digital Signals Processing, Protocol Analysis, and Data Flow supporting national and tactical customers. This is new development and an opportunity to assist a team in the architecture of a visible, next generation collection system.
The selected candidate will work on a diverse team of engineers to develop and deploy wireless systems focusing on RF systems using Software Defined Radios, Digital Signals Processing, Protocol Analysis, and Data Flow supporting national and tactical customers. This is new development and an opportunity to assist a team in the architecture of a visible, next gen collection system.
Additional duties include:
- Analyze user's requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications. Analyze system requirements and leads design and development activities.
- Guide users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
- Incorporate new plans, designs and systems into ongoing operations. Develop technical documentation.
- Develop system Architecture and system design documentation. Guide system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans. Interact with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts. Ultimate responsibility for the technical integrity of work performed and deliverables associated with the Systems Engineering area of responsibility. Communicate with other Program Personnel, Government overseers, and Senior Executives.
- Minimum 20 years experience in Software Engineering and a Bachelor's Degree in a technical field required
- TS/SCI clearance with polygraph required
- At least 5 years experience with C++ or Java programming languages
- Experience in the below Customer Domain Knowledge Areas required:
o Information Technology: Requirements Engineering and requirements management tools such as DOORS (Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System); GEOLOCATION specific - experience with XML schema creation and translation into BE 3 and other formats; experience with Top Secret and Below Cross Domain Solution interoperability
o Service Industry: Formal training or experience on agile engineering methodologies, processes, and technologies
o SIGINT: SE for SIGINT systems on LINUX and Windows Platforms; SE Experience with SIGINT systems; experience with VLF/HF/VHF/UHF Signal Collection Systems such as or similar to GLAIVE; experience with HF/VHF/UHF DF theory/techniques and systems such as BORESIGHT and GLAIVE
- Experience in cellular protocol, prototyping and operationalizing those products
- Demonstrated experience working with a team in planning Systems Engineering efforts is required
- Experience with SIGINT systems similar to the current customer product line
- C++, VHDL, and DSP Experience