The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Oracle Database Administrator to work at our Ft. Meade, Maryland location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
Job Summary & Primary Responsibilities:
The selected individual must be able to efficiently investigate complex database issues and provide solutions in a dynamic, complex, production environment. He/she must have the ability to effectively interface with customers, system administrators, database team members, software developers, and senior-level management. He/she will be expected to learn and understand data models and data architecture documents. Solutions developed to support the customer's needs will be written using SQL, PL/SQL, and scripting languages. Other tasks may include applying Oracle patches and upgrading the database structure, as well as tasks in data conversion and other database-centric process improvements.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or a related discipline and 4 years of related experience.
• Must have at least 4 years general experience as a Database Administrator to include experience with tasks such as data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, and general DBA tasks.
• Must have experience with Mongo.
• Must have at least 3 years of Oracle Database Administration experience.
• Must have at least 2 years of experience with Linux (RHEL).
• Must have 2 years of shell scripting experience.
• Must have 2 years of experience with PL/SQL.
• Must have good communication skills, both verbally and written.
• Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
• 3 years of experience with Oracle Grid/RAC in a Linux environment.
• Experience with real time highly available data replication technologies such as Oracle Data Guard, Oracle Streams, Oracle Golden Gate, Sybase Replication Server.
• Experience with MySQL.
• Experience with Cassandra.