The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Principal Software Engineer to work in the Columbia/Ft. Meade area. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to support a new, mission critical program being developed with cutting edge technologies.
Leidos is seeking the best and brightest Software Engineers to work on a new program developing a modern mission end-to-end workflow and infrastructure using the latest software technologies and methodologies. All development and integration is being done from a green field start (no legacy code or frameworks to port or integrate!). The program is using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) development methodology along with a Secure DevOps toolset and pipeline for continuous development, test, and integration of containerized microservices. The technical solution being developed includes use of Machine Learning and private blockchain technologies to meet the mission requirements. Along with new code development, the program makes use of some of the best open source and leading-edge COTS products in developing this highly secure and automated mission system.
As a technical expert in software development, the selected individual will be responsible for providing technical direction for the design and development of software on the cutting edge of technology. He/she will provide technical leadership and direction to support the application of sound software development concepts and will be responsible for providing an effective interface with the following groups: software development, testing, integration, deployment, and sustainment.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below;
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science. Three (3) years of relevant professional experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
- Twelve (12) years of experience in a technical role providing requirements analysis, design, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS and GOTS tools, and unit testing on both new and legacy systems.
- Twelve (12) years of experience as a software engineer on programs that encompassed systems architecture development, performing requirements analysis, management and control, multiple activities and multiple vendors, and management and evaluation of business processes and implementation strategies.
- Must have experience with design and development in an Agile environment and a broad range of knowledge areas, including IT, requirements, architecture development, functional analysis, and systems analysis.
- Ability to plan and prioritize personal and team tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Must be an independent thinking, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration.
- Experience securely developing and integrating business logic into ServiceNow product
- Experience using Test Driven Development (TDD) as part of Agile development
- Experience with Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira and Confluence)
- Experience with developing and deploying software in a containerized microservice architecture
- Experience with software configuration management and build tools such as Git, Maven, Gradle
- Experience with software and automated testing frameworks (i.e, JUnit, SOAP UI, Cucumber, Selenium)
- Experience with SAFe system development processes and methodology to include leading the Agile ceremonies
- SAFe Agilist Certification (SA, CSM, DevOps)