The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for an Embedded Software Developer to work at our Annapolis Junction, Maryland location. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience supporting an important, fast-paced, mission critical program.
The Embedded Software Engineer will assist in the improvement and continued development of an embedded real-time device for autonomous cryptographic key generation and public key user hardware token authentication. The person will be part of a Software Development team utilizing an agile development methodology. Some responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Designing, coding and testing software.
• Ensuring that developed code is modifiable, efficient, reliable, understandable, and fault tolerant.
• Supporting all phases of the software development lifecycle, including requirements analysis, system design, software development, testing, documentation, and maintenance, for a complex software system/application.
• Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 8 years of related experience OR Master's Degree with minimum 6 years related experience
• Demonstrated proficiency with C++ on embedded systems, model aided development using tools like Rational Rhapsody, Green Hills OS and Tools - Integrity, MULTI, as well as Java and Python.
• Experience with cryptographic technologies such as EC, TLS, PKIX, and CMS.
• Must have a solid understanding of sound software development principles and practices.
• Must be able to plan and prioritize personal tasking and be able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Must be an independent thinker, capable of performing high quality work, both independently and with a team, in a fast-moving environment.
• Experience working in an Agile Software Development environment.
• Master's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.