Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Computer Operator/Monitor which supports the Navy Personnel Command/Bureau of Personnel (NPC/BUPERS) in the Naval Support Activity, Millington Tennessee. This person will monitor IT readiness in support of Navy Selection/Promotion Boards, the Electronic Military Personnel Record System (EMPRS) and the BUPERS On-Line (BOL) web portal. These are either "B" (3:30 to 11:30pm) or "C" (11:30 to 7:30am) shift positions, including weekends, depending upon team availability.
The candidate responsible for technical support services to include operations, network, applications, help desk and hardware maintenance support of the NPC systems, include 24/7 system operation, monitoring and reporting of these mission critical systems. Must be able to quickly analyze problems and implement solutions in a high-stress, time sensitive environment.
- Two (2) years experience providing computer operation support.
- Experience should include Windows 7 and newer.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
- Ability to perform basic Unix and AIX command line utilization.
- Understand, monitor, and perform customer support.
- Ability to communicate with detail as issues arise.
- Demonstrated experience with network, systems, and application monitoring and reporting.
- Weekend and Holiday work will be required.
- Must be able to attain a SECRET security clearance.
- Will have to attain a Security + certification prior to job start, and attain a MICROSOFT CERTIFIED PROFESSIONAL MCP Certification, or equivalent such as: MCSA, MCTS, MCITP-SA within the first 6 months on the job.
- Experience with computer/main data center operations and maintenance at Navy Personnel Command.
- Have knowledge of Remedy customer service requests for helpdesk support and outage notification.