The Defense Group, Airborne Solutions Operation, High Resolution ISR Systems Division has an opening for a Chief Engineer for Aviation Programs. The Division Portfolio that will be supported includes US Army Programs of Record, Army Quick Reaction Capability programs, and a fully operational FAA Part 145 Repair Station and Aviation Operations and Maintenance support for a broad range of customers.
The selected candidate will be responsible for leading technical strategy, solution development and execution of systems engineering in various aircraft modification efforts. The Chief Engineer will be responsible for developing and coordinating a multidiscipline team of engineers to provide support to the acquisition, design, modification and delivery of aircraft of various types. The Chief Engineer will advise the leadership team on all technical aspects of projects and programs involving aircraft modification and enhancements.
- Master's Degree with minimum of 15 to 20 years of experience or Doctorate with 13 to 16 years of prior relevant experience in an aerospace discipline
- Experience working on DOD programs and projects
- Demonstrated experience in leading multi-discipline teams of engineers
- Experience on programs modifying Special Mission Aircraft
- Must have an active Secret clearance or higher, as well as the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI
- Experience with and understanding of AS9100/AS9110 certifications
- Experience with and understanding of FAA Part 145 repair stations
- Demonstrated experience with OCONUS operations
- Active TS/SCI