Leidos is looking for a Sr. Project Manager to run information large technology projects in various customer business areas at an Investor Owned Utility.
Locations: This position can be in one of the following locations; Little Rock, AR - New Orleans, LA - The Woodlands, TX
• Plan, coordinate and manage large projects.
• Integrate all functions and activities necessary to perform the project/program to meet the client or customer requirements.
• Plan and implement actions by the program/project team to define and implement technical baseline and meet quality requirements for project/program products and services.
• Direct project team personnel, manage cost and schedule, ensure contract compliance, and serve as customer interface.
• Manage technical, cost, and schedule of assigned tasks or functions.
• Interface with task leaders, subcontractors and support personnel, customer and senior management.
• Develop a detailed project execution plan and help write an investment proposal in an accelerated environment.
• Provide leadership and direction of personnel performing complex tasks.
• Assess performance of subordinates, and coach them as needed.
Required Education & Experience:
-Bachelor's degree or higher with at least 8+ years project manager experience (domain knowledge in electric utility business is preferable). 4+ years additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
-Excellent customer-facing skills
-Excellent communication skills (written and oral)
-Proficiency with working on complex project schedules in Microsoft Project Server
-Proficiency in CMMI/SEI IT project management processes
-Ability to work on high visibility and tightly scheduled large projects with demanding customers