Join a fast growing, solutions driven team that includes engaged subject matter experts providing leadership to identify and propose solutions to the clients, peer system engineers, and end users. Leidos has an immediate opportunity for a Systems Engineer to provide engineering support to the Airspace Mission Planning Division, Hanscom AFB, MA. We are seeking cleared candidates with an active DoD security clearance.
This position will elevate skills and experiences to support our full-scope mission planning efforts. OJT is combined with annual educational opportunities to continue your technical development. We are seeking a self-starter that likes taking on challenges and being a leader with engineering solutions; a person that collaborates well in teams and likes to work toward consensus within each team. The enterprise is embracing leading edge methodologies for Agile and Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Serve as Systems Engineer for Mobility Mission Planning software development.
- Serve as an Agile Product Manager/Systems Engineer with a collection of products representing the client stakeholders to the development team to include: product vision, design, development, testing and sustainment.
- Create Technical Requirements Backlogs, Statements of Work, Contract Data Requirements Lists and other documentation in support of new Mission Planning Delivery Orders.
- Coordinate with enterprise stakeholders to prioritize product backlogs for sprints and releases.
- Generate Mission Threads, Use Cases and requirements packages as applicable and managing those requirements and their traceability. Identify and manage internal and external dependencies.
- Analyze software development technical metrics, report results and recommend corrective actions.
- Ensure that approved Mission Planning processes are utilized. Understanding and leveraging an Enterprise Product approach to identify requirements that represent a gap in capabilities and opportunities for reuse. Report the technical status of product development to the key stakeholders.
- Evaluate technical proposals and other technical data items, to include architecture, requirements documents, designs, test plans/reports, and process descriptions.
- Represent the Government customer as Product Management (with content authority for the Program Backlog), responsible for identifying Customer needs, prioritizing Features, guiding the work through the Program Kanban and developing the program Vision and Roadmap consistent with the Solution Intent and Context. Collaborate to ensure appropriate value is being provided via working software and products (including documentation). Attend Product Owner Scrum meetings and participate in Program Increment (PI) planning events. Also, support the Engineering role as an individual or part of a small team that defines a shared technical and architectural vision for the System/Solution under development. Participate in determining the system, subsystems, and interfaces, validate technology assumptions and evaluate alternatives while working closely with the Agile Release Train (ARTs) and Solution Train.
- Bachelor's Degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related technical discipline and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or a Technical Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
- A current DoD Secret security clearance.
- Demonstrable knowledge of fundamental systems engineering concepts and experience in applying these concepts to software-intensive systems.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers in the development of complex software systems.
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project).
- General familiarization of U.S. DoD system development and acquisition processes.
- Experience with requirements management processes and tools to include Jama Software.
- Experience with software systems integration, Agile Software Development, Scaled Agile Framework and Software Engineering Institute (SEI) Capability Maturity Model-Integrated (CMMI) processes.