No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
The Leidos Civil Group ESA IV program has an opening for a Capability Innovation Lead with industry experience to lead the identification, qualification, planning, delivery, and measurement of emerging technology solutions. The Capability Innovation Lead is responsible for planning and executing the emerging technology and innovation pipeline for the program. This position will be based in Washington, DC.
- Lead the continual alignment of IT services, service management, and service capability solutions by identifying and implementing innovation initiatives to meet the needs and changing mission of the environment.
- Collaborate with project and operations teams to identify and capture innovative technology solutions and drive the design execution from concept to completion. This will result in a technology/capability pipeline that services current and future capabilities.
- Evangelize and inspire adoption of emerging technologies and innovation initiatives throughout the ESA IV program and customer components.
- Translate technical and business requirements into service enhancement or new development initiatives.
- Requirements analysis, development, and management
- Business case development and recommendations
- Development of project plans and schedules
- Work closely with program leadership to document and analyze potential business cases, risk management, schedule and resource management to fully the identified technology and associated use case.
- Provide guidance and oversight on the implementation and execution of Information Technology Service Management (ITSM), Information Technology Information Library (ITIL), Agile/SAFE and project management among other industry standard best practices to enable centralized planning for employing service improvement strategies.
- Develop Continual Service Improvement (CSI) processes, procedures, and work instructions that include analyzing, submitting, and implementing CSI initiatives.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Work with Business Owners, IT Stakeholders, and Service Delivery Managers to define release plans and act as single voice on product releases to assure that engineering deliverables meet the needs of the business.
- Manage backlog grooming sessions and drive solutions to completion working with ESA IV teams.
- Work with key stakeholders and Development Teams to clarify acceptance criteria.
- Work with ESA IV Portfolio Manager, Chief Engineer and applicable stakeholders to identify and resolve impediments and remove blockers.
- Implement processes, practices and tools allow for multiple paths of delivery, creating simplified, consistent, reusable, efficient and flexible methodologies.
- Recommend improvements and drive alignment across the ESA IV Portfolio.
- Manage partnerships with external vendors and all customers for the product.
- Inspire others to adopt the new processes and improvements.
- Analyze and capture business requirements regarding application or business process changes needed.
- Prioritize integrated requirements to ensure that requirements are complete and documented, and support development of user stories and use cases.
- Participate proposal activities as needed.
- Develop mock-ups, wireframes and Visio process diagrams to capture/present new ideas.
- Present engaging slide decks, graphics, and white papers to inspire adoption of new technologies.
- Collaborate with technical team to provide prototypes on new feature/module development for organic growth of the product.
- Bachelor's degree or relevant experience in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 8+ years of experience.
- Technical knowledge and experience in a managed IT services and support environment.
- Experience leading cross-functional Project Management or Integrated Program Teams.
- Experience with and knowledge of Service Portfolio Management, Architecture Definition, Documentation and Planning, Assessments, Studies and Pilots, Enterprise Integration Services. Emerging Requirements Management, and Project Management
- Agile development methodologies.
- Demonstrated experience with applying and managing tasks associated with ITIL and AGILE practices.
- • PMP, PMP-ACP or ITIL Certifications are highly desirable.
- • Experience with DoJ
- • Certified Product Owner or Scrum Master.
- • Experience with ServiceNow
- • Experience with using modern mockup user experience design tools.
- • Experience with cloud computing environments and DevOps.
- • Demonstrated experience leading trend and performance analysis processes that drive the implementation of service improvement strategies.
This position requires that a security investigation be completed by the government to permit access to customer-sensitive information. US Citizenship is required.