Leidos is seeking a Senior Instructional Design Specialist for a position in Chesapeake, VA. The primary function of this position is to support the development of AN/SQQ-89 A(V)15 ASW training for US Navy ships and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) in support of Program Executive Office Integrated Warfare Systems (PEO IWS 5).
You will utilize video, image, and Flash editing equipment and software to create Instructional Media Packages (IMP) to support AN/SQQ89A(V)15 Training. You should be able to coordinate the collection of those media products to be imbedded into classroom training as well as the virtual learning platform, MOODLE. You will act as the Subject Matter Expert in analyzing and evaluating UnderSea Warfare (USW) equipment training approaches, methodology, techniques, and products to help ensure their effectiveness and efficiency in selection of new and potentially non-traditional technologies, processes and procedures to produce and deliver mission support training materials.
- Requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience (additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree).
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills and ability to provide proactive customer service support.
- Demonstrated ability to provide initiative, determine how to effectively move projects through to completion, and then to successfully complete those projects.
- Communication skills in visual, oral and written form to explain instructional options, recommendations and rationale to decision-makers and Subject Matter Experts.
- The applicant must have formal instructional design and technical training education in order to qualify for this position.
- This position requires a strategic mindset to be successful.
- Travel will be required as part of this position.
- Must have or be able to obtain a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
- AIM (Authoring Instructional Materials)
- Adobe Professional Suite
- Microsoft Professional Suite
- MOODLE (Modular Object-Oriented Learning Environment)
- Technical Editing and Presentation Formatting