Our Defense team at Leidos has a great opportunity for a Laboratory Technician to assist the Edgewood Chemical Biological Center (ECBC) - Decontamination Sciences Branch (DSB).
Located at Aberdeen Proving Ground, Edgewood Area, the Laboratory Technician will support and assist subject matter experts in the areas of research, development, test, and evaluation (RDT&E) support of novel equipment, methods, and applications of chemical warfare decontamination services. These efforts are essential for the U.S. Army to ensure best available technologies are in place for both personnel and equipment decontamination. Laboratory Technician efforts will consist of preparing samples for analyses, preparing reagent solutions, performing analytical tests, evaluating data, and preparing technical reports. Laboratory Technician will work alongside of other contractor support staff and Government staff.
- Function as a team member with other engineers, chemist and scientists in performing various chemical studies, to include contact angle efforts, chemical dispersions / applications.
- Operates and maintains analytical test equipment such as gas chromatographs and analytical balances.
- Performs work in accordance published processes and procedures with an emphasis on safety.
- Generates test data and contributes to technical report development
- Performs bench top experiments, analytical calibrations, and various wet chemistry efforts.
- Contributes in product development
- Reports to on-site Leidos team lead and represents Leidos as prime contractor for the Edgewood Chemical and Biological Center
- Prepares samples for testing, maintains laboratory notebooks, and disposes of laboratory hazardous waste
- Performs other duties assigned.
- Bachelors' Degree in Chemistry or related field with 0-2 years' experience. Experience can be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance or ability to quickly obtain a DoD Secret Clearance.
- Demonstrated experience in wet chemistry applications.
- Demonstrated experience in chemical analytical equipment such as gas chromatographs.
- Demonstrated knowledge in analyzing and reporting analytical data.
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Report development and publication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to wear laboratory personal protective equipment to include an air purifying respirator.
- Experience in operating analytical test equipment such as Agilent Technologies gas chromatographs
- Experience in working with pesticides, toxic industrial chemicals, toxic industrial materials and/or related degradation products
- Experience in handling and managing laboratory waste streams
- Experience in developing and publishing reports