The Leidos NEST Logistics team manages NASA's end users assets across the country. As the Leader of this team, you will apply your knowledge of supply chain principles and problem-solving skills to key logistics processes (e.g., managing vendors, shipping and receiving, inventory management, warehousing and distribution, transportation, etc.). You will also play a key role in the supply chain by understanding the needs of the deployment team and defining best practices across multiple cross-functional teams. The end result of your work is the delivery of NASA's products and services to users at every NASA Center and site.
• Manage the Hardware Logistics team based at all 10 NASA centers
• Ensure all hardware orders (revenue and evaluation) are shipped and delivered in an efficient, timely and cost-effective manner
• Oversee the NASA evaluation pool, ensuring that appliances are issued and returned on a timely basis
• Ensure compliance with import/export requirements and customs regulations
• Achieve integration of recent acquisitions into the current model, or devise a more efficient future operating model
• Work closely with the sales teams to forecast hardware requirements
• Work with Product Management and Engineering teams on new hardware product roll-outs
• Reviewing processes to achieve a streamlined and consistent process globally and creating an environment of continual process improvement
• Manage logistics of new product introduction (NPI) launches for key product areas. Solve logistics issues with speed, accuracy, and completeness.
• Build business cases to support any logistics changes or improvements. Drive cross-functional support between Logistics and cross-functional teams.
• Manage and monitor metrics for Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and vendor performance.
• Identify issues, establish facts, and establish corrective action plans.
• Ensuring compliance with all aspects of Sarbanes-Oxley
• Other ad hoc projects as required
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Strong knowledge of business disciplines (supply chain management, supply network planning, demand planning, logistics, etc.)
• Proven ability to multi-task and deal with changing requirements
• Commitment to providing excellent customer service
• Attention to detail and accurate, timely and diligent performance of all duties
• Team player, positive and flexible attitude
Preferred experience: Service Now and Remedy experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS and 4 - 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 - 6 years of prior relevant experience.