The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Windows System Administrator in Bethesda, MD.
- Provide system administration, new hardware, OS installations, and management support services for Windows Servers
- Perform vulnerability scanning, analyze scan data and conduct vulnerability remediation and weekly patching for on-premise and virtual servers
- Work with developers to test, troubleshoot and provision and install ColdFusion based applications
- Support ongoing AWS migration, including rolling out EC2 instances, AMI creation, security configuration, patching, and troubleshooting
- Decommission infrastructure, applications and containers
- Follow proactive monitoring/maintenance policies and procedures to maintain the availability of mission-critical systems
- Participate in the monthly on-call rotation to support the production environment 24/7
- Baseline & organize technical documentation, such as scripts, performance metrics, etc.
- Provide incident response for Windows servers, performing diagnosis, troubleshooting and resolution
- Manage software licenses and usage
- Assist in developing and documenting processes and procedures for ongoing management of the Linux server environments
- Assist in SAN/NAS maintenance for the virtualized environment
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- MCSA Certification is a plus
- Relevant AWS certification preferred
- 5+ years of experience administering Windows Server 2003/2008/2012/2016 and advanced knowledge of Active Directory, Windows Group Policy and related Microsoft technologies
- 3+ years of AWS infrastructure management experience
- 5+ years of experience with VMware virtualization environment
- Experience with Java Frameworks, JSON and XML formats is a plus
- Experience with automation using Ansible, Python or similar dynamic languages
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Must have excellent communications skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to effectively troubleshoot, resolve, or escalate problems.
- Experience in Federal Grants Management is a plus
Requires US Citizen or Green Card Holder with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.