Leidos is currently seeking a Software Engineer to support a newly awarded program in the Annapolis Junction, MD area.
The contract will provide life cycle support to operational software applications and databases directed toward the current operational needs of the Y Directorate of Capabilities. The Directorate of Capabilities is responsible for developing and providing all capabilities used across the enterprise, as well as capabilities and solutions provided to external organizations for intelligence and information assurance purposes.
- Define application objectives by analyzing user requirements and envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces and applications by setting expectations and feature priorities throughout development life cycle, determining design methodologies and tool sets, completing programming using languages and software products, and designing and conducting tests
- Integrate applications by designing database architecture and server scripting; studying and establishing connectivity with network systems and information servers
- Perform application development by coordinating requirements, schedules, and activities; contributing to team meetings; troubleshooting development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- Support users by developing documentation and assistance tools • Research new internet/intranet technologies and software products.
Bachelor's Degree and 12 years of experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
12+ years of experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
Experience designing and implementing object oriented solutions in Java • Experience with Java, Subversion, Teamwork, User Interface Design, writing Software Requirements, Software Development Processes, and Software Debugging,
Experience in inteliJ, NetBean, or Eclipse development environments • Strong understanding of data structures and multi-threaded processing
Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
Familiarity navigating Linux using bash commands to configure administrative settings and evaluate system performance • Able to identify and anticipate needs of a user community, development staff, and integrated applications
Basic understanding of modern telephony systems
Experience with basic networking
Experience with cellular technologies
Familiarity with various signals processing systems
Experience developing Junit tests to automate the regression testing