No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is looking for a high performing candidate to fill a position supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs as a budget and finance program advisor to Federal Program Managers. The scope encompasses providing subject matter expertise with program planning and budgeting and execution for programs at the national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities for deployment into the national nuclear weapon stockpile. This position requires an experienced person with demonstrated PPBE expertise developed during engagement with Federal and/or Defense agencies. This is a full-time contractor-support position located on-site at the NNSA offices in Albuquerque NM.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities:
• Providing Federal Program Managers with clear, concise, accurate and timely future budget analyses and information.
• Responding to short- notice what-if inquiries from within NNSA, the Secretary of Energy, and other senior Departmental officials.
• Preparing program cost and budget documentation covering several future budget fiscal years; this includes development of complex spreadsheets, program planning and budget briefings.
• Establishing professional and productive relationships with representatives at the national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities
• Preparing financial inputs for implementation plans, program plans, Reports to Congress, and similar planning documents, as well as for broad NNSA Defense Programs documents (e.g., the Stockpile Stewardship and Management Plan).
• Analyzing, formatting, and presenting budget justifications to Federal program manager and staff.
• Completing timely population of NNSA on-line systems (e.g., the Enterprise Portfolio Analysis Tool.
• Tracking and maintaining records on status of portfolio and program budget changes, including allocation/reallocation, expenditures, comparison of planned to actual cost information to identify issues and suggest corrective action.
• Analyzing, reporting results, and tracking action items on technical projects undertaken by the national security laboratories and nuclear weapon production facilities in nuclear weapon component development.
• Managing annual, quarterly and other periodic reporting requirements, including program reviews, providing financial and programmatic input, and coordinating NNSA site meetings associated with program deliverables.
• Active DOE Q or DOD TS clearance
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in a program management, finance-related, or science/engineering discipline.
• Minimum of 8 years of related program/budget analysis experience including in part such functions as project reporting, cost and budget analysis, preparing work authorizations, and work packages.
• Expertise with DOE or DOD PPBE systems, i.e., EPAT, PROBE, DPD, etc.
• Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite particularly MS Word, MS PowerPoint, and MS Excel including expertise with pivot tables (using and building).
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated experience in developing briefings for senior and executive management.
Desired Education, Experience, and Skills:
• Master's degree in a related field from an accredited university.
• Staff experience in military, government or corporate enterprise and/or interagency experience.
• Nuclear weapon program experience.
• Knowledge of earned value management and program management/scheduling tools and techniques (Microsoft® Project, Primavera Project Planner ®, wInsight®, ACEIT etc.).