The Leidos Intelligence Group has a current opening for Information Assurance (IA) System Engineer supporting the U.S. Government in a challenging, dynamic setting located in Chantilly, Virginia. The position requires an active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph. The IA System Engineer assists in IA system and networking design and integration efforts and implements customer policies and operating procedures to ensure the security of mission systems, protecting the systems from intentional or inadvertent access that may cause damage or destruction. The IA System Engineer will work in a highly collaborative environment with teammates, key stakeholders and the Government customer to ensure mission continuity and support to the intelligence community. This unique opportunity will allow you to participate on a high-visibility DoD/Intel program that provides IT support, systems integration and life cycle support, application development, network engineering, information systems security (ISS), and 24x7x365 support to mission-focused customer.
- Participate as the primary security engineering representative on engineering teams for the design, development, implementation and/or integration of secure networking, IA architectures and enclave computing environments.
- Provide specifications and detailed schematics for IA system and network architecture.
- Provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation, techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future IA requirements.
- Monitor the results of production IA activities to support implementation of the overall IA program
- Produce documentation necessary to obtain Information Assurance (IA) Certification/re-Certification and Accreditation (C&A) to support acceptance testing and evaluation of all program office systems in production.
- Perform or monitor security testing of systems to ensure security features are functioning properly in support of certification and accreditation of production items.
- Conduct IA testing of computing systems and network design
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of IA system, network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, firewalls, gateways, storage arrays, etc.
- Evaluate and report on new IA technologies to enhance capabilities of the network and computing environment.
- Recommend action or technical options when planned accomplishments or production IA operational goals are not achieved.
- Understand the site and enterprise well enough to work through IA system and network-related issues with other segments at the facility and across the enterprise.
- Support the Government in the enforcement of the design and implementation of trusted relationships among external systems and architectures.
- Apply knowledge of IA policy, procedures, and workforce structure to design, develop, and implement secure networking, computing, and enclave environments.
- Support security planning, assessment, risk analysis, and risk management
Basic Qualifications & Education
- Requires BS degree and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience in Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security System Engineering, or related discipline from an accredited college or university. Additional 4 years of ISSE experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree OR Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience
- Position requires either Security+ or Certified Information Systems Security Professionals (CISSP) certification, or equivalent.
- Familiarity with Tenable Nessus vulnerability scanning software preferred.
Clearance: Must have an active TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance.
External Referral Eligible