Leidos Defense Group is seeking a Technical Writer to support our GSM-O Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) Task Order. JRSS is a suite of equipment that performs firewall functions, intrusion detection and prevention,
enterprise management, virtual routing and forwarding, and network security capabilities. This position will report to the customer site in Fort Meade, MD and may allow for part time telecommute once you are acclimated.
In this role, you will perform the following:
- Work closely Tier 3 engineers, Tech Lead and Project Manager to support the creation of test reports, test plans, weekly status reports, deployment instructions and other required documentation.
- Utilize established templates and processes and create new templates as appropriate
- Describe complex and technical topics in a clear, concise, and accurately manner to facilitate repeatable processes
- Lead peer reviews of documentation as required
- Requires a BA or BS degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience, or equivalent work experience in lieu of degree.
- Excellent written communication and grammatical skills
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Experience working directly with engineers and other technical SMEs
- Ability to collaborate effectively across multiple teams and coordinate deadlines
- Experience or familiarity with a Network Operations support environment