Leidos is looking for a Mechanical Engineer at its Picatinny Arsenal, NJ site.
• The candidate will work with chemists, chemical engineers, mechanical engineers, and physicists in evaluating novel materials.
• Responsible for conducting and supporting R&D activities for the development of novel materials of interest to the US Army
• Expected to develop knowledge and understanding of energetics, and performing various testing to characterize materials using test methods for chemical and physical behavior.
• Conduct mechanical property testing of new materials utilizing state of the art methods and equipment, analyze test data and document in technical reports.
• Perform work within required budgets and schedules
• Frequently interacts with subordinates, supervisors, customers, and/or functional peer group managers.
• Min of a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar field required, MS preferred.
• Additionally, they should have a background in and understanding material behavior, statics, dynamics, heat transfer, thermo-dynamics, and fluid dynamics.
• US citizenship required.
• No initial clearance needed upon hire, but must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust.
• First-hand knowledge and experience in state of the art methods of material property testing is desired
• Must be able to work in a team-based environment.
• Must have the ability and desire to initiate and execute new projects.