No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs! Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies" Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear. Leidos is seeking a senior Linux systems engineer to join our team in support of a federal law enforcement agency. The selected candidate will be given an opportunity to exercise and expand his or her skills in an enterprise environment filled with unique challenges. Viewed as a technical subject matter expert. The successful candidate will be a thought leader and implement solutions leveraging industry best practices.
A passion for information technology, problem-solving, and a desire to continuously learn are indicators of the success of this role. The position is expansive and additional responsibilities may be assigned.
Some of the responsibilities associated with this position include:
- Lead or play a key role in the design, implementation, and management of Red Hat Linux and/or HPUX projects
- Migrate systems off of HP-UX onto Red Hat Linux utilizing P to P or P to V technologies
- Engineer and administer HPUX and Red Hat Linux in support of Oracle databases
- Perform Operations and Maintenance on Red Hat Linux and HP-UX operating system and its associated software.
- Produce appropriate documentation for application deployment, configuration, and related processes.
Must currently possess a Secret security clearance
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Typically requires BS in Computer Science or related field, and a minimum of 12 years' relevant experience, or Masters with 10 years' relevant experience. Additional years of experience, and/or relevant certifications will be considered in lieu of degree.
• Prior experience planning and executing enterprise level migration projects
• Ability to self-start and provide ownership of technical projects
• Prior architecture documentation experience
• Prior hands-on HPUX and Red Hat Linux systems engineering experience
• Fluent using the Linux Command Line Interface
- Ability to write scripts to complete repetitive tasks using open source programming languages such as Shell script Python, Bash, Ruby, and/or Perl
• Web technologies and services including LAMP, Java technologies such as and Tomcat, and load balancers.
• Good understanding of Linux internals (system calls, file systems, processes, etc.)
• Ability to design for clustering, failover, high-availability architecture
• Ability to conduct asset discovery and reverse engineer systems in lieu of having complete documentation
• Virtualization technologies including RHEV, VMware, vSphere, or Citrix Xenserver
• Familiarity with Windows systems administration
• Familiarity with RDBM systems such as Oracle (primary), SQL Server, PostgreSQL, and MySQL.
• Good understanding of ports and protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP, SSH, NFS)
• Understanding of email transport including SMTP, mail transfer agents, and mail security.
• Prior experience working with cross domain (classified/unclassified) solutions and networks (e.g. ForcePoint's Trusted Gateway System)
• SAN and NAS, specifically HP and Dell products
• Configuration and Patch management solutions (e.g. Satellite)
• System monitoring solutions (e.g., Splunk)
• Prior application migration experience
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to work on project teams, with stakeholders, and across departments.
• Understanding of Enterprise standard methodologies including Service Oriented Architectures (SOA) and Enterprise Architecture (EA) as well as governance frameworks such as ITIL
• ITIL Certification desired
• Change management process
• Security Accreditation desired