No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
As a member of the Development and Engineering team, the candidate will be the Technical Subject Matter Expert for cyber security in the area of IT systems and application source code vulnerability assessment using variety of commercial based tools ensuring applications are secure.
Additional tasks include:
- Senior-level information assurance/security support
- Review and coordinate guidelines and policies surrounding risk and security
- Analyze audit data for current and future systems, implement the right security strategy for NASA IT systems
- Document best practices for security and information assurance based on business and user requirements
- Monitor and implement information assurance/security standards and procedures
- Coordinate, develop, and evaluate security programs for the organization. Recommend information assurance/security solutions to support customer requirements.
- Determine implementation strategies for information assurance and security requirements based on the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands
- Perform vulnerability/risk analyses of computer systems and applications during all phases of the system development life cycle
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments
- Develops and implements information assurance/security standards and procedures
- Identifies, reports, and resolves security violations
- Establishes and satisfies information assurance and security requirements based upon the analysis of user, policy, regulatory, and resource demands
- Supports customers at the highest levels in the development and implementation of doctrine and policies
- Applies know-how to government and commercial common user systems, as well as to dedicated special purpose systems requiring specialized security features and procedures
- Performs analysis, design, and development of security features for system architectures
- Analyzes and defines security requirements for computer systems which may include mainframes, workstations, and personal computers
- Designs, develops, engineers, and implements solutions that meet security requirements
- Provides integration and implementation of the computer system security solution
- Analyzes general information assurance-related technical problems and provides basic engineering and technical support in solving these problems
- Performs all procedures necessary to ensure the safety of information systems data assets and to protect systems from intentional or inadvertent access or destruction
- Ensures that all information systems are functional and secure.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field and 4+ years related experience
- Advanced knowledge, skills and experience related to Information Technology (IT) Security, Cyber Security, Information Security (IS), Policy and Compliance, and Risk Management.
- Advanced experience with Windows, Linux, Mac, and mobile platforms in NASA environments.
- Experience working with Agile software development methodology
- Experience working in the NASA environment.