No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute's "World's Most Ethical Companies"
Leidos...We strive to make the complex clear
As a member of the Development and Engineering team, the candidate performs the following tasks:
- Define/create Enterprise Technology Roadmaps and communicating architecture vision/roadmap to NASA customer and Leidos stakeholders
- Conduct trade studies and Analysis of Alternative (AoA) for designing, developing, and analyzing software-based products and systems
- Evaluate and recommend technologies, tools, and process to ensure successful delivery of highest quality products and cutting edge solutions that are scalable
- Shape the program execution approach to align with the NASA IT long-term technical roadmap
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to program team members while encourage innovated solutions to complex system problems
- Collaborate with government stakeholders and internal team to ensure product meets customer requirements and expectations
- Establish customized processes that align to program goals and objectives, also actively promote and engage in process improvement initiatives
- Senior-level enterprise architecture support
- Applies comprehensive knowledge of concepts, processes, practices, and procedures on technical assignments
- Provides high- level architectural expertise to managers and technical staff
- Develops architectural products and deliverables for the enterprise and operational business lines
- Develops strategy of system and the design infrastructure necessary to support that strategy
- Advises on selection of technological purchases with regards to processing, data storage, data access, and applications development
- Sets standards for the client/server relational database structure for the organization (SQL, ORACLE, SYBASE, etc.)
- Advises of feasibility of potential future projects to management
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years prior relevant experience, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Proven expertise in architecting and designing solutions for large, complex IT projects, accounting for scalability, flexibility, performance, and security.
- Proven success with hands-on development, prototype, trade-off and selection analysis, and evaluating of various technologies.
- Extended experience with service oriented environment and best development practices.
- Superior knowledge of the fundamentals of iterative developments and applications of agile concepts and principles.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
- Demonstrated evidence of continuous learning of new business area, technology, and methodologies.
- Strong analysis, communication and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Experience working with Agile software development methodology
- Experience working in the NASA environment