The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Principal Systems Engineer to work in the Columbia/Ft. Meade area. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to support a new, mission critical program being developed with cutting edge technologies.
Leidos is seeking the best and brightest System Engineers to work on a new program developing a modern mission end-to-end workflow and infrastructure using the latest software technologies and methodologies. All development and integration is being done from a green field start (no legacy code or frameworks to port or integrate!). The program is using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) development methodology along with a Secure DevOps toolset and pipeline for continuous development, test, and integration of containerized microservices. The technical solution being developed includes use of Machine Learning and private blockchain technologies to meet the mission requirements. Along with new code development, the program makes use of some of the best open source and leading-edge COTS products in developing this highly secure and automated mission system.
As a technical expert in systems engineering, the selected individual will be responsible for cultivating, managing, maturing, and evolving the program backlog. He/She will be responsible for communicating with the customer and translating their needs into organized, concise, and achievable discrete features. The selected individual will draw from a set of Systems Engineering disciplines to provide guidance and technical direction throughout a continuous delivery pipeline optimizing value while prioritizing minimal time to operational deployment. He/she will be responsible for providing vision and direction for the following groups: software development, testing, integration, deployment, and sustainment. He/she will take on technologically challenging tasks, and excel at setting an example and delegating tasks to a team of system engineers.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below;
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Computer Science, or related technical field. Three (3) years of relevant professional experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• Fifteen (15) years of experience in designing and developing integration products/systems/processes similar to those described above using best practices in an agile environment.
• Four (4) years demonstrated technical leadership experience leading an iterative development/integration effort
• Four (4) years' experience requirements management, product ownership, and/or stakeholder advocacy
• Demonstrated competency in Change Management, Risk Management, Test Driven Development
• Must have a demonstrated understanding of secure systems engineering and development, including system/security requirements analysis, system/security requirements allocation, trade-off analysis, system security analysis, and secure system definition and specification development.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration.
• SAFe Agilest Certified
• Earned Value Management experience
• Demonstrated experience in multi-vendor, multi-system integration planning, oversight, and verification