The Enterprise & Cyber Solutions (E&CS) Operation of the Defense Group is seeking a qualified Marketing Analyst to support the pursuit of opportunities across the Department of Defense.
This Marketing Analyst must thrive in an environment where she/he is responsible for performing the BD data management processes for the E&CS BD&S team and management team. The Marketing Analyst has responsibility for the E&CS pipeline data in the customer relationship management (CRM) system. The individual verifies the accuracy of the data in accordance with the Leidos' concept of operations and produces required reporting. The Marketing Analyst tracks and schedules decision point reviews for Operation, Group and Corporate level reviews and facilitates the Operation level reviews. The Marketing Analyst also coordinates the new business fund budget approval process, request charge codes and tracks spending in coordination with the finance team.
Tasks associated with this role may include market research to support strategic captures, competitive intelligence & assessments, development of marketing materials, writing of white papers and request for information responses, participation in the capture planning process.
The ideal candidate will have worked in business development and/or program management in the consulting industry for Defense industry. Characteristics necessary for success include: keen attention to detail, data analysis skills, and the ability to establish and maintain a solid working relationship with technical staff, managers, and peers. The position requires excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Work with the E&CS BD and line management to verify the CRM-system entries are accurate
- Produce reports from the CRM system to include the weekly report in Excel form, monthly performance metrics, weekly and period-end exception reports
- On a weekly and period basis, analyze CRM data with the contract report and investigate any discrepancies to resolution
- Schedule decision point reviews for Operation, Group and Corporate reviews for opportunities in the E&Cs pipeline and facilitate Operation reviews
- Coordinate new business fund requests which includes charge code management. Initiate, route and monitor workflow for creating charge numbers and intercompany work orders. Maintain Operation NBF charge code list.
- Initiate, route and monitor NBF requests. Track budget approvals. Coordinate with finance to monitor spending with budgets.
- Perform market research to include customer preferences, competitive analysis and incumbent strengths and weaknesses.
- Conduct market research in the Defense Enterprise IT market to support the Operation's strategy and pipeline development.
- Develop materials to support customer meetings, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, proposal kickoff materials and proposal reviews.
- Interacts routinely with all levels of Division, Operation and Group management, staff, and customers, and follow through on tasking
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Travel as required, based on negotiated work location, up to 10% per month to support tradeshows, capture team meetings, industry events and proposal development efforts, which may require overnight stays.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Excel to produce reports and presentations.
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft CRM
- Capable of growing into a capture support role