The Leidos Health Group has an immediate job opening for a leader to serve as an Associate Director of Subcontracts. The selected individual will report to the Health Group Contracts and Subcontracts Director and work in partnership with the Director to lead and manage a dispersed contracts workforce supporting the Government Health & Safety Solutions (GH&SS) Operation.
- Responsible for the leadership and management of the Subcontracts function and staff at an operation level.
- Provide appropriate resources, oversight and evaluation of activities in support of proposals, contracts, negotiations and administration, issue resolution, and risk management ensuring compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as government requirements.
- Interact regularly with Leidos Operation and Group leadership, project control, finance, business development , as well as senior customer leadership personnel.
- Manage the staff resources as well as the budget across the organization and provide professional/career development opportunities, the setting of near term objectives and individual performance management for the Operation Contracts staff.
- Accountable for promoting and maintaining a highly ethical organization, in compliance with Leidos' policies and procedures, and compliance with all applicable regulatory and contractual requirements that govern the work performed. A critical element of the position is maintaining compliance with our Government approved Purchasing System.
- Bachelor's degree (Business Administration or related field) and 12+ years experience in the contracts profession with experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding contractual issues with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Ability to prioritize and manage work activities and staff in a fast paced environment is essential.
- Candidate should possess strong skills in proposal preparation including RFP analysis, development of terms and conditions, and experience in reviewing/negotiating proposals.
- Must have experience with all contract types and a working knowledge of the FAR/DFAR.
- Experience with OCI mitigation, negotiation of Teaming and Non-Disclosure Agreements; and all facets of compliance.
- Excellent written and verbal communication is critical.
- Travel as necessary to participate in Operation and/or Group meetings and interact with Customers in the DC Metro area, Baltimore MD, Fredrick MD, and Atlanta GA.