The Intelligence Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Senior Automated Test Engineer to work in the Columbia/Ft. Meade area. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience to support a new, mission critical program being developed with cutting edge technologies.
Leidos is seeking the best and brightest Automated Test Engineers to work on a new development and integration program for a mission critical end-to-end workflow and infrastructure system that utilizes the latest software technologies and methodologies. All development and integration is being done from a green field start with no legacy code or frameworks to port or integrate. The program uses the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe®) development methodology along with a Secure DevOps toolset and pipeline for continuous development, test, and integration of containerized microservices. The technical solution being developed includes use of Machine Learning and private blockchain technologies to meet the mission requirements. Along with new code development, the program makes use of some of the best open source and leading-edge COTS products in developing this highly secure and automated mission system. We are in need of personnel to provide support for this critical system.
The selected individual will perform software testing at all levels from unit (module) testing through all levels of software integration testing. He/she will support the software configuration management process and understand all software components and their interface requirements. He/she will develop test data and define test acceptance criteria and will provide and utilize system testing expertise, including knowledge of Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP) and other test documentation, test plans, test methodologies, subsystem interface testing, and software module testing. He/she will be responsible for effectively interfacing with the following groups: software development, test, integration, deployment, and sustainment.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below;
• Bachelor's degree System Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science. Three (3) years of relevant professional experience may be substituted for a bachelor's degree.
• Eight (8) year of experience developing and conducting unit and system tests to evaluate compliance with customer requirements in an agile environment.
• Must have experience with providing software development/testing, and providing requirements analysis, design, process execution and evaluation, selection and evaluation of COTS and GOTS tools, unit testing on both new/legacy systems, COTS products, Web Implementation, Operating systems and various development environments.
• Must have experience documenting test results for corrective actions, reports, and audits.
• Must have experience testing systems from existing system and functional specifications.
• Must have experience using automated test tools.
• Must have experience analyzing test data, using configuration management tools, and testing applications.
• Must have experience with some of the following: Performance, load, and stress testing, data interface and data migration testing, security testing, code coverage tools, systems integration testing, and database setup and administration.
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration.
• Experience with software and automated testing frameworks (i.e, JUnit, SOAP UI, Cucumber, Selenium).
• Experience developing and executing automated tests.
• Experience with software configuration management and build tools such as Git, Maven, Gradle.
• Experience with Atlassian Tool Suite (Jira and Confluence).
• Proficient with programming and scripting languages (i.e., Java, Python).
• SAFe® DevOps Certification