Leidos is searching for an Editor to support a program in Vienna, VA. This position will require an active TS/SCI with Polygraph Security Clearance in order to be considered for this position.
- The selected candidate will be responsible for professionally editing analytical products that support key US national security and foreign policy objectives on CT issues.
- Relevant exposure to US foreign policy, national security CT objectives, and the intragency coordination process is required.
- Professional writing, editing, and sourcing skills, including a proven track record of reviewing finished
- intelligence and collaborating with analysts and senior managers, is required.
- The candidate must possess critical thinking skills and knowledge of national security classification procedures.
- ACTIVE TS/SCI w/ Polygraph. Candidates must be familiar with cable and IC report writing styles.
- Strong briefing and writing skills are a must as well as the ability to work well with teams or individually with minimal supervision.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically requires a BA degree in English or journalism , or equivalent experience and training, and 8 - 12 years of prior relevant experience in editing and/or writing, or Masters with 6 - 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Editing experience and must possess excellent writing skills.
- Advanced level of proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint is preferred.
- Experience editing data visualizations and graphics is preferred.
- Familiarity with a foreign language is a plus including but not limited to Arabic, Pashto, Dari, French.