Leidos is hiring a Sr. Mechanical Engineer in the Picatinny, NJ location. This position is in direct support for additive manufacturing of energetic materials for explosives, propellants and pyrotechnics for a highly qualified professional with extensive experience in additive manufacturing and energetic materials processing and handling.
- Handling energetic materials as per ARDEC internal safety policy and approved procedures.
- Designing, procurement and installation of prototype gantry systems and related processing equipment for additive manufacturing of energetic materials. i.e optics, controllers, material handling
- Designing and implementation of software associated with additive manufacture of custom inert and energetic materials i.e. g-code, CAD, slicing software.
- Support technical IPT meetings and associated support.
- Document technical and programmatic progress through technical papers and presentations.
- Write and execute proposals in support of government required technical and programmatic tasks.
- Design and coordinated associated control systems for additive manufacturing equipment. Work with technicians and support staff for any associated installations mentioned above.
- Provide technical and programmatic assessments as required by USG and the IPT and program offices.
- Requires a BS with 12 + years of prior relevant experience or Masters Degree with 10 +years of prior relevant experience.
- Min of 12 years experience material design, processing, handling, storage and qualifications of energetic
- US citizenship
- No initial clearance needed upon hire, but must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust.
- Demonstrated experience in the processing and manufacture
- Demonstrated experience in the development of processing and materials with additive manufacturing
- Demonstrated experience in the safety and handling of energetic materials.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of hardware compliant with industry standards i.e. class I, Div I
- Demonstrated experience in characterization of inert and energetic materials.
- Demonstrated experience in process diagnostics.
- Demonstrated experience in the development of control systems for additive manufacturing systems.
- Demonstrated experience generating, evaluating and/or updating technical data package.